- This forum is empty.
- Last Post
Provide a brief description of your school. The narrative should include:
- A brief history of your school
- Information about student demographics
- How your school is governed
- Staff demographics
- The school’s top strengths
- Areas for future growth
- No Topics
Standard I: Governance
Part A: Values/Organization
- Mission and Vision Statements are developed with the involvement of stakeholders, reviewed regularly, and communicated widely.
- How are the bylaws reviewed, updated, and followed with fidelity?
- How does the governing body support the Islamic values/principles of the school?
- Describe how the governing body receives orientation and regular spiritual and professional development.
- How is the governing body representative of the community demographics served by the school (i.e. ethnicities, gender, professions)?
- How does the governing body evaluate its performance?
Part B: Administration Oversight
- Does the governing body provide the Principal/Head of School with a job description, clear expectations, and a system for evaluating performance?
- How does the governing body ensure that the school leadership establishes, maintains, and revises written policies consistent with mission and vision?
- How does the Governing body ensure fidelity to mission and continuity through leadership succession?
- What policies are in place to ensure that the school principal or head of school has the autonomy to conduct the day to day operations of the school?
- How does the governing body collaborate with school leadership to ensure sufficient resources are available to meet the school’s mission and vision?
- How does the governing body allocate resources in a manner that reflects alignment with the school’s mission, vision, and strategic plan?
Part C: Relationships
- How are the relationships and responsibilities clearly documented and communicated between the school and its parent organization (i.e. Islamic Center) if applicable?
- Does the governing body maintain a relationship with a qualified Islamic scholar(s) or has established an advisory committee as agreed upon by the school board that is marked by mutual trust, close cooperation and respect for Islamic knowledge and religious authority?
- Does the governing body strive to establish collaborative relationships with local/regional Islamic and educational institutions?
- Does the governing body maintain a collaborative relationship with local/regional civic and community organizations?
- No Topics
Standard II: School Administration
A. School Operations
- How does school leadership include staff in establishing and revising procedures related to the daily operations of the school?
- How do administrators ensure programs align with the school’s mission and vision?
- How do administrators support the Islamic values/principles of the school as aligned with the school’s mission and vision?
- Describe how administrators maintain the culture of the school as a priority in planning school activities.
B. Oversight of School Staff
- Does the school administration have a written process for the oversight of personnel including recruitment, ongoing professional development, and assessment of faculty and staff to ensure effectiveness and alignment with the school’s mission and vision?
- Does the school administration ensure faculty and staff receive onboarding and continuous support & development in knowledge about Islam and Muslims as aligned with the school’s mission?
- Describe how administrators are qualified to serve as the heads of their assigned departments.
- Does the school administration provide opportunities for spiritual experiences (i.e. retreats) for the faculty and staff on a regular and timely basis?
C. School Improvement
- Does the school improvement plan include SMART goals for all academic programs including the Islamic Studies, Qur’an and Arabic program?
- Does the school administration allocate resources in a manner that reflects alignment with the school’s mission, vision and strategic plan?
- Does the school administration maintain a collaborative relationship with local/regional Islamic and non-Islamic schools as well as education agencies?
- Does the school administration build community partnerships to leverage resources for student achievement?
- Does the school administration initiate conversations with leaders from other faith-based and private schools as well as cultural and community service agencies to encourage activities that promote understanding of those from diverse backgrounds?
- No Topics
Standard III: Teaching and Learning
A. Curriculum & Assessment
- Describe how curricula including Arabic, Quran, & Islamic Studies are based on clearly defined expectations, standards, and measurable goals.
- Describe how the school establishes and maintains an assessment system for all curricula, including Arabic, Quran, & Islamic Studies, to allow for the collection of data and to measure improvement efforts.
- How does the school ensure that all curricula, including Arabic, Quran, and Islamic Studies are vertically and horizontally aligned?
- How are appropriate resources allocated to support all curricula, including Arabic, Quran, & Islamic Studies, to align with the school’s mission, vision and goals?
- How does the school’s Islamic Studies curriculum allow opportunities for students to celebrate the ethnic, religious and cultural diversity of Muslims?
B. Teacher Qualification & Expectations
- How does the school ensure all faculty including Arabic, Quran & Islamic Studies staff are qualified/experienced to teach in their subject areas?
- How do school faculty incorporate Islamic values that are aligned with the school’s mission & vision in all subjects?
- How do school faculty and staff support the Islamic values/principles of the school as aligned with the school’s mission and vision?
C. Professional Development
- How does the school ensure faculty of all subject areas regularly participate in professional learning communities that include all subjects and grade levels in order to facilitate curriculum integration?
- Describe how all faculty members including Arabic, Quran & Islamic Studies staff regularly participate in professional development opportunities specific to their subject area.
D. Student Programs/Activities
- Do students participate in age appropriate activities and dialogue with students from outside their school community (i.e. different faiths, traditions, and diverse backgrounds)?
- No Topics
Standard IV: School Culture & Environment
- How does the school foster a positive Islamic identity among students that is aligned to the school’s mission?
- How does the school promote a positive image of Muslims and Islam?
- How does the school strengthen students’ cross-cultural, inter-faith, and intra-faith understanding and respect for diversity?
- Do school leaders collaborate with other institutions such as Islamic Centers and other Islamic organizations to provide opportunities for parents to grow in their knowledge and practice of Islam?
- Does the school maintain a system of communication with alumni and offer opportunities for them to participate in school activities?
- How do the school’s extracurricular activities provide opportunities outside the classroom for students to experience civic and community engagement that reflect the school’s mission and values?
- Does the school conduct regular alumni surveys to assist the school in ensuring outcomes are aligned with the school's mission?
- No Topics
- School Summary
- Oh, bother! No topics were found here.
- You must be logged in to create new topics.